Time to clean out the tumbleweeds! (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Long time, no type!
A lot has happened since I last shared this space with you, most notably, I left the solopreneur world to become the Program Manager for the National Robotics League. It’s a wonderful position, (what’s not fun about robots that fight each other in an arena and teach students STEM skills at the same time?) but it has seriously cut into my free writing time. After 5 months I feel like I’m starting to get things under control, and I missed the creative outlet of this space, so I’m taking a shot at doing both at once.
The question is, what should we talk about? My new position means I don’t have the time or energy to do in-depth “how-to” posts, and I’ve cut my consulting way back so I have fewer avenues for case studies.
Here are some of the ideas that come to mind:
- Work-life balance, especially in nonprofit/change professions
- Stories from the field: lessons from my own program management experiences, as well as guest posts from other nonprofit professionals
- Organizational development advice and discussions. I am especially interested in what separates good meetings and bad meetings and would love to spend time helping people have more good meetings and fewer bad ones
- Musings about on-line communications. Just random thoughts based on my own work, or the work of others I come across
- Probably fewer “how to” posts than before, more like a seminar course than a training program
- Online Book Club: a place for us to read non-fiction together and discuss its impact on our life and work
- A brilliant idea that you just had that I didn’t think of
So, what do you think? Leave a comment and let me know what you’d like to see for the next chapter of Low Hanging Fruit.