Is “Figure out Social Media” the bane of your to-do list?
Sure you know social media has to be a part of your non-profit’s outreach strategy. . . you also know there is no time to figure out how to do it right–not with all the other work on your plate. There seems to be no way to win, so there it sits. . .
It doesn’t have to be that way.
I can help you integrate social media into your existing outreach plan– dramatically increasing your ability to pull potential supporters closer to you and your mission– without tipping your carefully balanced workload.
How is that possible?
Social media may look new on the surface, but at its core, it’s simply a communication tool that creates a direct connection between you and your supporters (and potential supporters.) It also gives the people who love you best the tools they need to spread the word on your behalf.
With less training than you might imagine, social media will morph from another “to-do” hanging over your head, to a set of tools that help you to mobilize your supporters more quickly, and more effectively than you ever thought possible.
How I can help
I have over 10 years experience working with arts and education organizations, so I understand how the sector works. I’ve also been building relationships on the Internet since before social media was called “social media.”* I use this combination of expertise to help you translate your existing messages into language that resonates with social media audiences. In addition to helping you express yourself in this new way, I’ll teach you the rules (written and unwritten) of the social media platforms you choose, so you can avoid the traps that make some social media campaigns fall flat. Free tip: The biggest trap is always talking and never listening.
Let’s Get Started
Every organization’s specific needs will be different, but these are the basic areas where people get stuck. Find the area that looks most like you and then contact me. We’ll discuss your unique situation, work together to customize your plan.
Ideas/Strategy– starting at $150
This package is perfect for the nonprofit leader who doesn’t know where to start. Through phone, e-mail and/or face-to-face meetings we’ll work together to determine how to best integrate social media into your current outreach work. When we are done, you will have a concrete plan including which platforms to use, and where to access them, who should be communicating on your behalf, and what kind of support they will need to be successful. Then you can set out on your own, or continue to work with me through another package.
This package is for you if:
- You are brand-new to social media.
- You can’t imagine how social media can help you.
- You have tons of social media ideas and don’t know where to start.
- You have a social media strategy–and it’s not working.
Tech Support– starting at $99 per month
If you have a social media plan and the staff and/or volunteer support to create content, but are frustrated by the amount of time it takes to make the tools do what you tell them, this is the package for you. You send me the content and I’ll take care of all the technical parts of the process.
I can also help you get started by build your platform (blog, newsletter template, Facebook page, etc.) The fee for this service depends on the platform and level of customization so contact me to discuss rates.
This package is for you if:
- You have a social media plan, but don’t have the time or expertise to get started.
- You love the communication aspects of social media, but not the technical parts.
- You are sure you could figure out how to build your platforms, but need to focus your time in other areas.
Please make my tech problems go away!
Full Service– starting at $700 per month
If you want your organization to use social media effectively, but can’t spend the time or energy of your current staff on it right now, this is the plan for you. For $700 per month, I’ll do the actual day-to-day work for you. From writing blog posts or taking over your e-newsletter, to tweeting (and responding!) on your behalf, I’ll be your personal social media specialist. When you are ready to take over, I’ll also train your staff members and/or volunteers to continue the work.
- You really, really, don’t have time to dedicate to social media right now, and yet, it must get done.
- You’d like to experiment with different ideas, but don’t want to do it on your own.
- Your social media plan is complicated, and want an expert (who isn’t you) to execute it.
Still not sure you need Social Media?
Are you putting off developing a social media strategy because you are secretly hoping the whole thing will just go away? I’ve got some bad news for you:
While the “ignore it and it will go away” strategy is futile, there is also good news:
- Social Media is not about technology.
- Your social media fears are less scary than you imagine.
- Social Media doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Social Media helps you see your organization’s work as your supporters see it–which can help you avoid burnout.
- Social media can help you raise money, even in a recession.
- Young people care about making the world a better place, and they will make their mark on their own terms.
Let me help you. Give me a call and let me know what isn’t working. Maybe we can fix it together.
*ISCA BBS, 1994. The geekiest of college students were hanging out on-line long before Facebook made it cool.
2 thoughts on “Social Media Support”
[…] Services […]
[…] Services […]